Effective Mentoring training is a 1.5 day programme which supports participants to become a ’formal mentor’ offering contracted mentoring to staff across the South East. Run by South East Leadership Academy.
The material and practical exercises cover the following areas in order to build confidence in mentoring others within the workplace, with the following objectives:
– Understanding what mentoring is (and what it is not)
– Understanding the context for mentoring and explore the role and responsibilities of the mentor
– Developing your own mentoring skills
– Using process, logs and paperwork to help bring focus to our mentoring
– Using tools and techniques to creatively support and mentor
– To practice mentoring skills and techniques in a range of circumstances
– To explore how to use mentoring in practice to support and develop individuals.
Dates of programme:
Day 1: 17 May 9-4:30pm
Day 2: 29 September 9-12pm
Deadline for applications: 4 May