RESTORE2 – new training dates added
Kent Surrey Sussex Patient Safety Collaborative (KSS PSC) has had such a great response to its RESTORE2 training that it’s added in some extra dates through to the end of June – sign up now via Eventbrite. -
If you’re still deciding whether RESTORE2 is suitable for you and your setting, or are not entirely sure what it’s all about (don’t worry, we know that there are so many things you need to be involved in, and how hard it can be to keep across all initiatives) then here’s a quick overview:
RESTORE2 is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care/nursing homes based on nationally recognised methodologies including early recognition (Soft Signs), the national early warning score (NEWS2) and structured communications (SBARD).
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
• Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
• Act appropriately according to the resident’s care plan to protect and manage the resident
• Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
• Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
• Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making.
This video gives more info on how RESTORE2 can be used to spot signs of deterioration.
For an insight into the process of implementing RESTORE2, and how it can help with staff development and retention, read this interview with Fugen Fleming, Registered Manager at The Chase and Janet Young, Registered Care Home Manager at Littlebourne House.
To find out more about RESTORE2 and KSS PSC’s training email Kerry Dudley - email@example.com